Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Stepping off a ladder onto the roof

"mm" wrote in message
Like you, I borrowed mine. I have nowhere indoors to store any ladder
over 7 foot. But I have decided that teenagers don't steal ladders
because they are only useful for work. Adults don't steal ladders
because they are hard to fence. Only people with houses would want to
steal a ladder, and none of my neighbors are (that kind of?) thief.

Have you looked at the scrap value of aluminum recently? They
are stealing aluminum guard rails from bridges and roads. What do
they use those for?

A Chain and lock can help.

Bob