Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default (electric forced air) furnace not cutting out at set temperature

"Bob F" wrote in message

"KLeask" wrote in message
oups.com...
A couple days ago, I noticed my furnace was continuously running - both
the fan and heat. I changed the batteries in the thermostat, to no
effect and am presently manually operating hte furnace by tripping the
breaker. The thermostat (honeywell programmable) was installed last
December.

You probably have a stuck relay controlling the strip heaters.
Banging on the front of the furnace near the top might dislodge
it. Removing the cover there and tapping on the relays with the
handle of a strewdriver might do it if that doesn't.

I should add, if the problem keeps recuring, get the offending relay(s)
replaced.

Bob