Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal
GoHabsGo GoHabsGo is offline

Default solar pool cover for kidney-shaped pool

wrote in
:

wrote:

I'm thinking of buying a solar pool cover for our swimming pool. I
understand that these work by cutting the evaporation...

They also gain solar heat, esp clear vs blue covers like the $75
No. 441428 14'x28' version from solarcovers.com (800) 433-4701.

But our pool is kidney-shaped, and it's not clear to me whether it
would be better to

(1) cut the cover to the shape of the pool, or

(2) keep the cover rectangular, but don't cover all the water.

How about

(3) keep the cover rectangular, but cover all the water?

Bad idea(3). The part of the cover overlapping the sides of the pool will
catch the wind and it will get blown off or out of position.