Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Kudos to the suppot team with Fein

Leon wrote:
A couple of months ago I purchased the Fein Multimaster XL. I have used it
several times in places I would not have dared use another power tool. It
is truly a very useful tool
That said, the accessory for which the tool probably is best known for, the
triangle shaped sander, is another story IMHO.

I have found out, that the Multimaster can concentrate a tremendous
amount of energy(heat) in a small area. That goofy looking sanding
attachment (not the triangular one) is a godsend for some of the spots
I need to get into when sanding the inside corners of a cooktop cut-out
(solid surface). I have eliminated some of the heat issues by using a
course paper with a light touch, and progressing down to finer grits in
increments. When using the triangular pad, I found that the dust
collector attachment helps keep things cooler as well as is dropping
the motor speed. Yup, I have melted a couple of corners, but I haven't
lately.
I probably would have used an e-blade to cut most of the dowel then
touched it up with sandpaper.... assuming I could have reached it. That
narrow e-blade can leave a decent surface.

A friend of mine was seaming a countertop on a jobsite when his Turbo
II quit. (Brushes, IIRC it was very old). 1 1/2 hours later, the rep
gave him another one to use whilst repairs were made. Mind you, they
were working close to where the rep lives and he just happened to have
one in his car at the time, but still.... if they can help, they will.

FIW