Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

Peter Crosland wrote:
Highly unlikely. In fact if you can provide proof that there is a
good to prune or fell the tree then it will be allowed. What will
not be allowed is for you to do it on a whim. Strange that isn't it?

Very. I can plant a tree but I can't cut it down. If I was rich
enough to get one of these mature trees craned it, I could put it in
today, decide tomorrow I don't like and a council officer could
insist that it stays.

I have made my response to the CA restrictions quite clear. There is
now just one tree in my garden. I will plant no more - I cannot take
the risk of being stuck with them if I change my mind in the future.

That is your choice. If you don't like the rules then move elsewhere.

Is the idea that what I plant in my garden should be my business and
no one else's (short of tree roots damaging someone else's building)
so way out?

See above.

Peter Crosland

This whole thread is quite an interesting insight into 21st century
society. On the one hand this, on the other hand that. And so we muddle
along