Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Peter Crosland Peter Crosland is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

Highly unlikely. In fact if you can provide proof that there is a
good to prune or fell the tree then it will be allowed. What will
not be allowed is for you to do it on a whim. Strange that isn't it?

Very. I can plant a tree but I can't cut it down. If I was rich
enough to get one of these mature trees craned it, I could put it in
today, decide tomorrow I don't like and a council officer could
insist that it stays.

I have made my response to the CA restrictions quite clear. There is
now just one tree in my garden. I will plant no more - I cannot take
the risk of being stuck with them if I change my mind in the future.

That is your choice. If you don't like the rules then move elsewhere.

Is the idea that what I plant in my garden should be my business and
no one else's (short of tree roots damaging someone else's building)
so way out?

See above.

Peter Crosland