Ed Huntress

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

"Tom Ivar Helbekkmo" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" writes:

http://www.machiningmagazine.com/China.pdf

Great article, Ed! I've downloaded the others as well, and am looking
forward to reading them. Highly recommended reading, folks!

Thanks, Tom. 'Glad you enjoyed it. Of the four articles on that site, I
wrote three of them, including the one without a byline. The fourth one,
about Representative Phil English's trade proposal, was written by David
Smith.

I think David Smith would do well to read your material carefully, and
try to learn from your approach. I've now read all three articles on
China, and the contrast between your interesting, thoughtful writing,
and Smith's frothing at the mouth, is overwhelming. His lies don't go
down too well, either.

What sort of responses did you get from the politicians? I'd love to
read some of that material, or at least some sort of summary... Your
questions take some answering -- in fact, they're of a nature where
the lack of a response would be telling, in its own right. :-)

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901

Tom, thank you for your gracious comments. For the sake of fairness, I had
an extraordinary amount of time to research and write each of my articles --
several entire months in which I had no other responsibilities but to write
each one -- while David had about 3 days to write his. No kidding.

David is a fine journalist who came from Business Week. He had to rely on
Congressman Phil English for the content of that piece, and there's a
problem right there. There's nothing basically wrong with English, but he's
a man in a vise, a conservative Republican who has to support free trade as
a Party issue, but who has in his district perhaps the biggest collection of
small metalworking shops in the US that are being beaten senseless by
low-wage competition. When you get squeezed that way, it's like a tomato
being squeezed in an arbor press: some funny-smelling stuff comes squirting
out the sides. g

That's just the way it goes sometimes in writing and editing trade
publications on a deadline. We just try to suck it up and move on.

As for the response, I was just starting on that when I got laid off.
Business is still desperate among manufacturing trade magazines in the US. I
hope they'll pick it up at Machining and get those responses.

Ed Huntress