Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] joshers17@hotmail.com is offline

Default 36 inch Samsung TSF-3579 tube TV - Size and Weight of Picture Tube

Yep elctron guns and focusing screens....oh and a cathode heater in the
neck
I have never had to do any adjustments inside the tube....seems like it
would degas if you did that...The only adjustments are usually on the
chassis, unless you decide it would be fun to move the magnets around
on the yoke and try to get the tube converged again :P.

I wouldnt reccomend what the OP was proposing...but when I do it with
my arcade monitors I have a long plastic handled screwdriver with a
jumper wire hooked to it...this goes to ground. Slide the tip of the
screwdriver under the anode cup (may or may not be a pop), disconnect
the anode, disconnect the RGB and sync connectors, disconnect power,
disconnect yoke windings from chassis and degauss coil and remove the
neck board..that should just get the tube free.

Also,
I have ticked the neck off of a arcade picture tube and there was no
"Explosion", simply a loud continual hissing letting me know that I
ruined a picture tube beyond repair..

Man Jeff, some people have no idea what is in a tv even thought hey
think they want to , agreed?

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
wrote:
bad idea you will almost certinally ruin your tv set.

picture tubes are very fragile and bump the neck brings a
explosion........

That's implosion ....

besides its full of fragile adjistments

I always thought it was full of electron guns and focusing elements....

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)