Dale Scroggins

Default Seeking a Specialty Nut

Chris wrote:
I'm looking for a specialty nut that I haven't yet been able to find
and was hoping that someone out there knew where I could either get
one or a trustworthy company where I could have them made.

The nut that I'm looking for is similar to a washer nut (basically
looks like a nut with a washer attached to it, or you can think of it
as a nut with a large flange), but its got a "washer" on either end so
it looks more like a spool. In addition, the nut itself shouldn't be
a hex, it should be a smooth cylinder. In this way, it looks like a
rivet nut with two washers on either end.

More specifically, I need it to fit a standard 3/8" bolt, it should be
stainless steel, and it should only be 5/16" tall from end to end (the
"washer" ends should be 1/16" each, so the spool would be 3/16").

If anyone has seen anything like this or knows where one can be made,
let me know.

Thanks,

Chris

http://www.wittenco.com/130%20series.htm

These came to mind; we use them in honeycomb panels. But they don't
seem to have the exact size you need. Other mfrs. may have, though.
Google potted insert honeycomb, should get some hits.

Dale