Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Craven Morehead Craven Morehead is offline

Default Toilet roll holder: how high, how far?

What is this "toilet paper" you speak of?

"Ajanta" wrote in message
You can tell that I am not the greatest home repair whiz. I need to
install a toilet roll holder, but I blank out when deciding where on
the wall it should go. Problem is, I recall most institutional settings
have it at approximately elbow height and slightly to the front of the
body. OTOH most homes place it much lower. I don't know why, because
then you have to bend down to get the paper.

Why this difference, and do you think one placement is better than
others? It is not a matter of what I like because it would obviously be
used by many friends and family, young and old.

Any opinions?