Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default Do you also have a love/hate relationship with Amazon?

On 9 Nov 2006 06:05:16 -0800, "bf" wrote:

Amazon is ok for stuff you are willing to wait a couple months for

I noticed that the big items no longer have free
shipping. I noticed they were adding that $99 to things
like dust collectors, etc. It seems like they don't want to be in the
business of selling "big" items anymore.. After all, Amazon is the
walmart of internet shopping. People go there for the price, they sure
don't go there for the customer service, IMO.

Maybe. I ordered a Delta AP-100 air cleaner (fairly large) from
Amazon about 5 weeks ago and used the free shipping. It made it to my
house in under a week. It shipped from a city in Ohio, I don't
remember which one. That worked o.k.