Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Aaron Borbora Aaron Borbora is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:32:43 -0000 Peter Crosland wrote :
This is simply untrue. What it means is that if you wish to prune or
fell the tree then you have to get permission and this is subject to
appropriate consideration rather than your whim! The application has
to be published and considered by the council and their officers.
That decision has the right of appeal just like a planning
application does.

Precisely, you've confirmed what I said. It's no longer my garden, my
tree, and what I can do with it is subject to what a Council officer
decides.

I have NOT confirmed what you said but have rebutted it. The ownership of
the garden and tree is unaltered. It is subject to a normal, legal, and
open process just like any other planning application. Your suggestion
that it is simply at the whim of a single council officer is demonstrably
false.

So he needs to ask someone else what to do with a tree be bought, planted
and is in his own garden? Seems to confirm what he said.