Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

Andy Hall ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

You missed my point.

That was not about the merits or demerits of Conservation Areas

Fine.

but about the behaviour of people who would seek to snitch on their
neightbours to petty bureaucrats.

A conservation area lives or dies SOLELY on the enforcement. Given that we
don't disagree about the merits of the concept, we are only disagreeing
about the method of enforcement, right?

So - I repeat... Would you rather have local residents provide the council
with the information leading to that inforcement or would you rather pay in
your council tax for council staff to patrol in search of breaches?