Old Nick

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:39:48 -0600, Rick Chamberlain
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

This has nothing to do with reimbursement rates. If the shop doesn't
make money doing warranty work, then why do it?

Because otherwise some travelling lumberjack is going to come in one
day and raise hell?.... G

Also, the warranty is between the manufacturer and the consumer,
executed by authorized service centers. I don't personally care if the
shop makes nothing - they agreed to be an agent of the company and honor
the warranty.

The guy has to sell and service _something_. All manufacturers will
give him the same (50%) deal, I bet.

That said, this shop had a chance to convert a non-customer into one,
and failed miserably. The shop owner didn't look at potential future
business, only that Rich didn't buy the saw from him, so screw him.

He'd done 50 jobs like it, and had not seen that "return custom"
enough to make it worth it. Buyers will use you once, then go where
it's cheaper, then use you again.

I'm glad you personally chose to honor warranty work from people who
didn't purchase from you, but fail to see why you would take 50% of your
normal rate for it.

errr..he had no choice. The manufacturer set it.

Spike....Spike? Hello?