Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Scratch Ankle Scratch Ankle is offline

Default Okay, bought the lathe--now what?

I had a mallet I was turning fly off the lathe. Fortunately my nose didn't
get broken but there was a scar and there was some pretty good blood flow.
Made a believer out of me about face shields.

"cpetito" wrote in message
ups.com...
Besides the dust mask as a safety item, I would recommend a face
shield. So far it has only been needed once when a catch threw a
splinter at my face - but once is all it takes.

Find what ever wood: dry, green, with the only purpose to make
shavings. It will fulfill your inner spirit to be destructive and
creative at the same time. :-)