Jon Anderson

Default Bridgeport on Wheels

Gary Coffman wrote:

Excellent idea!

I thought so, and plan to copy the design when I have room to get at
stuff with a pallet jack. Dawned on me after posting though that there
couldn't have been a full sheet of metal on the floor or a pallet jack
wouldn't have worked. It was probably just some 1/4 x 4" flat bar around
the bottom perimeter.

I forgot to mention, this spaced the machine up a bit, so they had a
short platform welded up out of square steel tube, with heavy expanded
steel top. This brought the operator back up to proper height with the
machine and had the benefit of allowing chips to fall through to the
floor. If there's one thing I hate it's stepping on chips, even a couple
underfoot gets to me. These stand on risers were light and easy to move
out of the way for sweeping.

Jon