Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stanley Stanley is offline

Default Removing standing water from a sub-floor

Somebody wrote....

The water is maybe 1" deep at its worst, and as far as I can tell,
most submersible pumps will struggle to get down to half that before
cutting out. I found a "puddle-sucker" on one or two sites, which
will go down to a few mm, but at a price. (£100+)

Hire a wet vac with an internal sub pump like this;

Could you not dig a small sump to collect a depth of water and pump it to a
drain outside? It could have a float switch to cut out when the sump is
empty.
--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

"John Laird" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Medway Handyman wrote:
John Laird wrote:
I have a modest amount of standing water in the sub-floor of my humble
abode, which I would like to get rid of before I go crawling about,
endeavouring to find where it has got in. Having wasted lots of time
with Google, I've not really found any simple, inexpensive, pumps that
would do the job, so does anyone have any clever ideas ?

The water is maybe 1" deep at its worst, and as far as I can tell,
most submersible pumps will struggle to get down to half that before
cutting out. I found a "puddle-sucker" on one or two sites, which
will go down to a few mm, but at a price. (£100+)

Hire a wet vac with an internal sub pump like this;
http://www.hss.com/g/58231/Auto_Pump_Wet_Vacuum.html

Noted, thanks.

[It might be a bit of a struggle getting something that size into the
sub-floor void, mind you.]

--
"I am in total control, but don't tell my wife."