Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Ants invade house again, this is war!

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:17:20 GMT, (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:

:Examine the trails, really, really carefully. Where are they coming
:from and where are they going to?
:
:Very often, they are seeking water. They will find tiny leaks
:in pipes/faucets/drains long before they become visible to the
:human occupants. In that case, plug the leak before you have to
:deal with mold, rot and other issues. If they've found a food
:source, move the stuff to an airtight container.
:
:Personally, I spray the outside of my house every 2-3 months
:using a professional-grade spray. That's essentially solved
:the problem for me. And although I don't really like using
:these chemicals, at least they're used outside. Without that,
:the ants *will* come indoors and I'll have to start using
:chemicals inside and that's worse.
:
:You can find gallon sized ant sprays at Home Depot and some
f these are approved for indoor as well as outdoor use.
:Ortho is one such brand. In my experience, these are very
:effective, but not for very long. The ants are back within
:a few weeks and that's why I use a more potent/persistent
roduct. Nevertheless, something like the Ortho should get
:rid of the ants for the Thanksgiving holiday.

What exactly are you using and where do you get it? Thanks.

Dan