Posted to alt.home.repair
Lesley Lesley is offline

Default Heat-powered fan for Wood stove

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you could take a look at this fan and tell me your
opinion regarding the likelihood that it actually does what it says.

http://www.plowhearth.com/product.as...ept&pcode=9671

I have a Jotul Allagash natural gas-burning stove and I was thinking
about getting this type of fan for it. I know the Jotul has it's own
electrically-powered fan, but I thought if this one that doesn't need
electricity actually worked, it would be great to use that instead. We
recently had a 4-day power outage. . .although I had some heat because
of the gas stove, it would have been nice if I could have moved the air
around a bit. An added bonus is that it costs more than $100 less than
the Jotul blower unit, PLUS I don't have to pay anyone to install this!

I appreciate your help.

Best,

Lesley