Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Waht is the Work area size for in front of Meter Panel (PG&E Green Book)

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 13:44:58 -0500, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
om...

Does anyone know off the top what the Minimum work area is for in front of

residential Meter Panel?

Our Panel is about 8 feet from the ground and I need to build a platform

get it to the 6' to the center of the meter socket. Though I need to know
how big to make the platform. Seems like I heard 30"x36"? Though don't
remember which direction. My Contractor Friends that do commercial say

its
42", though I think that is for Commercial meter mains.

Meter panel, or service panel?

If it's the meter, isn't that the power
company's problem? If it's the
service panel, I'm pretty sure