Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Jig for making quick & dirty mini birdhouses

Paul
WC = Woodturning Central over here, no flush just shavings.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
"Paul Loseby" wrote in message
Here in the UK, I suppose we can do many things on the WC but I never
thought of making mini birdhouses on it. Our WC is upstairs next to
the bath and washbasin

Kindest regards

Paul

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:41:26 -0500, (Arch) wrote:

Darrell recently posted his method for making mini birdhouses on WC. I
do essentially the same thing, but I hope he will post his method and
comments here.

I made an aluminum jig that I think speeded up turning repeated batches
of the body by one step, tho it limited the hollowed dimension to one
size. Nothing more than a short 7/16 in. long X 5/8 in. dia. scored
tenon on a #2MT taper for driving the drilled out body.

Slob that I am, I have made batches of mini birdhouses from solid light
weight timbers such as cedar, even from fir stud cut offs. I'm watching
out for the hollowing police!

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter