Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default Cancelled order.

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 19:18:39 GMT, "Max"
wrote:

I had placed an order (approx. $600.) for some merchandise.
Several days later I checked the website to see if the order had been
shipped, nope. A week later I checked again. Nope
I called the firm and cancelled the order. Because of the delay I had found
another supplier.
The following day I received an e-mail that the order had been shipped. I
e-mailed back and informed the company that I would not accept the charge to
my CC and I would not be responsible for returning the merchandise. I
recommended that they contact UPS and have them return the shipment before
it got too far from "home".
Was I being reasonable?

Max

Probably not. Check out their policies on such things like order
cancellation. I'm sure you can return the merchandise, but I'll bet
there's going to a be a cost to do so, if only the return postage.

When it gets's there, if by mail, you could refuse the delivery. If
by UPS, and they don't simply leave it when you're not there, you
could simply never go pick it up. After 3 delivery tries, UPS will
return it to the sender as undeliverable. Maybe if you meet the
driver you could tell him to do that and avoid that whole 3 day thing.
If the driver leaves it there when you're gone, you're out of luck.

Either way, my guess (note that word: guess) is that you're gonna be
liable for something.