Larry Jaques

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:53:21 -0500, Gary Coffman
brought forth from the murky depths:

Actually, most stations don't do it exactly that way. They do boost
prices immediately when the wholesale cost of gas goes up, but
they reduce prices more slowly as the wholesale price declines,
often waiting for a competitor to make the first move. That delay
helps to protect their profit margin in a declining market.

What a lovely and endearing way to say "F*cks the customers."

And on the flip side, we have companies like Lee Valley Tools
in Canada. If the price drops while your order is in shipping,
they send a check to you for the difference, explaining that
the costs went down. If the price happened to go up, you would
not know it as they ate the cost difference. It's a great company
and I just placed another order with them last night.

Their customer service, 180° to Husky's, gives full service and
always satisfies the customer. I've heard of people who were
not satisfied with a purchase (didn't do what they thought it
would, not an actual LVT problem) yet LVT refunded the entire
purchase price and covered shipping both ways. Husky could learn
MUCH from them.

http://www.leevalley.com Woodworking/Gardening tools/cabinet hdw
(Disclaimer: no affiliation other than being a satisfied repeat
customer)

* Blessed are those who can * Humorous T-shirts Online
* laugh at themselves, for they * Comprehensive Website Dev.
* shall never cease to be amused * http://www.diversify.com