Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Replacement windows in breach of conservation area rules

Adrian wrote:
Phil L ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Just what is you f&^#ing problem? It's bad enough that we have
these idiotic conservation rules, without people like you going
round reporting others. Honestly, hand on heart, how is this
impacting your quality of life?

It's his house not yours, if you don't like it, **** the hell off.

There's quite a lot of (probably wilful) misunderstanding of the
concept of a conservation area going on.

and what are they trying to conserve? - I'll tell you, considering I've
worked on many listed buildings and other conservation type properties, they
are concerned about the overall appearance, this doesn't mean you can't
change sash windows for casement windows, this means so long as the overall
appearance isn't unjustly affected, you can do pretty much what you
like....I'll wager that the council already know and have approved anyway so
it's a moot point.