Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default dam around sump pit

mm wrote:
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:15:30 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

If you're home sitting in the dark watching the sump pit fill up, you're
being negligent. If you're there, bail the silly thing out with a
bucket. Four or five hours of periodic bailing is nothing compared to
uninsured losses. If the water is filling faster than you can bail, your
pump probably wouldn't keep up either and you have other problems.

My bucket wouldn't fit in my sump.

But if one is considering doing that, a hand pump with a large hose to
the basement sink might be a good idea. I've only seen pumps that fit
garden hoses, but they must make them with bigger hoses and 14"
cranks.

Wouldn't work for me...oh, the pump would but putting in the sink
wouldn't. Old house and the sink drain runs to the sump pump. Would
get my weeks worth of exercise though .

Harry K