Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Is there a way to remove scale from a gas water heater?

Big Al wrote:
And, how much does flushing really help?

Al

No, there is not any real way to get rid of it once it is there.

Hey - What an idea for an info commercial, where can I get in touch with
Billy Maze? I got Joe's miracle tool to clean out your hot water heater!
By passing the device over the outside of the water heater it will align the
ions of the scale and change that nasty build up into a harmless substance
that will attach itself to any lurking germs and bacterial in there and
flush them all away. If you call right now I will include FREE the small
faucet size to remove all the build up in those nasty screens and today only
if you call in the next five minutes available only with this offer the
shower head cleaner as well. All for only $14.95 plus shipping and handling
of $159.95 _ make that last part appear in very fine print at the bottom of
the screen for 1.5 seconds over a part of the image that is almost the same
color as the text.

Yes regular flushing does help, but it does not eliminate what is
already solidly attached. You need to flush regularly to do any good.

How much of a problem this is depends on the condition of the water as
it goes into the water heater. Some areas like mine have very little
problem, but some others have extreme problems.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit