Posted to rec.woodworking
maico maico is offline

Default Recommendation: Porter Cable or Dewalt biscuit joiner

Don't beat up on yourself for this one Charlie; the reason I started
these two threads is that there is limited current information on the
topics (I Googled).

As for the deciding factors, pro PC, there are three that I am aware of
(many thanks to you all for your input): the fence insert for cutting
smaller pieces that may fall into the fence opening, more depth
adjustability and the FF biscuits.

I have read about shimming the fence for the Type II but Type III has
no issues. Do you all have a Type II and you shimmed and is someone
using the Type III?

Charlie M. 1958 wrote:
Swingman wrote:
"Charlie M. 1958" wrote in message

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the DeWalt. The PC, with it's smaller
FF biscuit capability, is just a tad more versatile when/if you need that
capability.

The smaller biscuits come in handy for me when to simulate joinery without
having to resort to a nail gun on a prototype which just may find some
actual use, or when reinforcing miter joints on small frames.

If you don't need that capability, the DeWalt will certainly serve you well,
and you can buy some wood with the leftover $$

Thanks, Doug and Swing for the clarification. Next time I'll google
FIRST before firing off the dumb question blush.