Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Recommendation: Porter Cable or Dewalt biscuit joiner

"Charlie M. 1958" wrote in message

As I said in my reply to another post in this thread, I recently
purchased the Dewalt. Since it is my first biscuit joiner, my opinion
might not carry much weight, But I can tell you, from a rookie's
standpoint, I can't imagine it being any simpler to use or doing a
better job. In other words, I'm a fool and it appears relatively
foolproof. (And $100 cheaper than the PC)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the DeWalt. The PC, with it's smaller
FF biscuit capability, is just a tad more versatile when/if you need that
capability.

The smaller biscuits come in handy for me when to simulate joinery without
having to resort to a nail gun on a prototype which just may find some
actual use, or when reinforcing miter joints on small frames.

If you don't need that capability, the DeWalt will certainly serve you well,
and you can buy some wood with the leftover $$

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06