Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie M. 1958 Charlie M. 1958 is offline

Default Recommendation: Porter Cable or Dewalt biscuit joiner

maico wrote:

As I had mentioned in the thread above, I have already purchased the
Dewalt DW682K biscuit joiner but now I question whether I should have
bought the Porter Cable 557. I can still return the Dewalt as I have
yet to use it. The one feature I really need is face frame biscuits
which can be readily accomplished with the PC but not the DW. Also,
there seems to be an issue of small wood components (to be joined)
falling into the fence of the BJ and that PC has addressed this with an
insert; is this true?

I recently bought the Dewalt and am extremely pleased with it. But now
you have me curious about something... Can you or someone explain what
you mean about the PC doing face frame biscuits while the Dewalt cannot?