Anthony

Default OT Help!! Drywall problem

Brian Lawson wrote in
:

Hey Guys,

Me again. Need more help. Doing some interior changes inside the new
house.

To create some additional closet space, I want to extend a wall in my
back hallway about 3 feet along an easily viewed path. I want to make
it longer from an "outside" corner, and that existing corner has a
nice metal bead.

My question is: Should I remove that existing corner-bead so I can
get at the actual "edge" of the existing drywall for the mud and new
tape, or should I hope to just tape over the existing corner-bead to
the new portion of the wall extension? I want the extended wall to
be "flat" from end-to-end. I suspect that I should remove the
beading, but I don't want to damage the ceiling where it joins if I
don't need to.

If I should rip out the old corner-bead, I should do that before I
frame the extension, because then the beading will be "trapped" and
impossible to get out..

All comments and suggestions welcome, but ASAP please, because SWMBO
says I'm just dinking around here trying to get out of doing it. and
we all, know THAT'S not true, eh!

Thanks! Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

cross-posted to modeleng-list

remove the bead.
You are going to have to patch near the ceiling anyway. Mud will hide a
lot of stuff

--
Anthony

better idiots.