Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default Coping a crown molding with a dentil profile

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:54:55 -0600, "Perry Templeton"
wrote:

I want to install a crown molding that has a dentil detail. I'm comfortable
with coping the typical crown molding that has the popular ogee type
profile.
To cope this molding with the square detail of the dentil detail, do I
follow the cut edge with my coping saw just as I would for the rounded
common molding.
I'd rather not capitulate and install the corner blocks unless I have to.
I'd like to install the crown with the dentil and cope it and make it look
nice and solid and professional.
Any tips will be appreciated...
Thanks.
Perry

What I usually do is rip the dentil off of the crown and then cope the
crown normally.

The dentil is then added back and mitered.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/