Posted to uk.d-i-y
nigel nigel is offline

Default clicking pipes

cheers for the advice
vortex2 wrote:
"nigel" wrote in message
ups.com...
We have recently moved into a 10 year old house. The pipes in the
floor boards upstairs click for about an hour after the heating / hot
water has been turned off. The pipe run to and from the boiler which
is directly under the main bedroom, hence the cliking pipes are really
annoying at night. Can anyone please give me any ideas on how to stop
it? I guess I will have to get the floor boards up but I dont want to
do that unless there is a viable solution. Grateful for any advice!

In our house we had copper pipes running in notches on the top of joists for
a long run and lots of annoying clicking.

I replaced the pipes with Hep2O (plastic). Not a click since.

David