Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] seaside01@btinternet.com is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

Peter Parry wrote:
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 16:56:59 +0000, David Hansen
wrote:

According to the antis you must be lying, because they would never
tell you that in their desire to sell you a "useless" turbine:-)

What a simple life you have, occupied only by pros and antis. To
test your simple outlook I asked Mr B&Q if one of their windmills
would work here (DTI (incorrect) wind estimate showing at 4.4m/s
average), actual about 1-2m/s. They said of course it would. I
asked if they would give any performance guarantee; of course they
wouldn't. I asked if I could get my money back if it didn't work at
all; of course I couldn't.

How accurate were their figures I asked - very they said - come from
an official government database. If they are that good why can't you
give me any performance guarantee I asked. Phone went dead.

Those with less blinkered views than your own will probably be able
to draw their own conclusions.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

I called the number on the windsave web site, actually the installation
company, who told me that it would not work round here. There's no
point in them selling equipment that won't work.

Sounds like B&Q need to train their people.