Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] flb51notthis@comcast.net is offline

Default replacing basement windows...in concrete?

On 7 Nov 2006 13:11:57 -0800, wrote:

I live in upstate NY in a house that was built in 2000.

I want to replace the cheap single glass basement windows with some
nicer insulated windows of the same size. How are basement windows
normally set in? I am hoping that the windows are attached to

pressure
treated lumber that is in the concrete. Could they just be set in

the
concrete itself? I think they are wood frame. If that is the case,
should I install the new vinyle windows with concrete screws (those
blue ones) and silicone?

What is best practice in this situation?

Yes, blue screws in concrete, and vinyl windows would work fine.

-Lee