Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Gas fire place difficult to light

On 7 Nov 2006 13:40:13 -0800, "dave" wrote:

I have a gas fire place that is operated by a switch (light switch).
It worked fine until last year. I have the pilot lit, and when I turn
on my switch, nothing happens. I have to open up the lower louver and
hit the red ignitor switch a few times.
Last year, I only had to do this the first time after turning my pilot
back on. So far this year, I have had to do it every time.
Is this a simple fix, or do I need a fixit guy?

Thanks

I replaced a switch this year in a house we sold. I could "rock" the
switch with a little pressure and get the fire place to light. It may
be as simple as changing the switch or checking the wires to the
switch.

--
Oren