Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] flb51notthis@comcast.net is offline

Default Coping a crown molding with a dentil profile

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:54:55 -0600, "Perry Templeton"
wrote:

I want to install a crown molding that has a dentil detail. I'm

comfortable
with coping the typical crown molding that has the popular ogee type
profile.
To cope this molding with the square detail of the dentil detail, do

follow the cut edge with my coping saw just as I would for the

rounded
common molding.
I'd rather not capitulate and install the corner blocks unless I have

to.
I'd like to install the crown with the dentil and cope it and make it

look
nice and solid and professional.
Any tips will be appreciated...
Thanks.
Perry

You would cut it the same as the standard crown. The learning curve
is figuring out where to put the whole tooth or no tooth. Sometimes
you will find it necessary to remove a tooth (fudging it) to make both
ends work out. This will become clear to you when you start.

-Lee