Posted to rec.woodworking
maico maico is offline

Default Recommendation: Porter Cable or Dewalt biscuit joiner

Tom, is your PC a Type I, II or III?

Tom Kendrick wrote:
I bought the PC 557 and recommend it highly. In this price range, the
PC is the better machine. I would return the DW.

On 7 Nov 2006 17:58:20 -0800, "maico" wrote:

After dragging you all through the coals regarding the best biscuits, I
am now working backwards to the best biscuit joiner! See the following
thread on biscuits:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.w...35f61f72a106/#

As I had mentioned in the thread above, I have already purchased the
Dewalt DW682K biscuit joiner but now I question whether I should have
bought the Porter Cable 557. I can still return the Dewalt as I have
yet to use it. The one feature I really need is face frame biscuits
which can be readily accomplished with the PC but not the DW. Also,
there seems to be an issue of small wood components (to be joined)
falling into the fence of the BJ and that PC has addressed this with an
insert; is this true?

I am looking for your opinion(s) on these two tools.

I look forward to your responses.