Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] RockyCJC@gmail.com is offline

Default "Federal Pacific" Breaker box

I didn't read the other messages as this message string was getting
long but when I was on the home hunt 6 months ago, my electrician
uncle-in-law and electrician father-in-law warned me not to buy a home
with a Federal Pacific breaker panel. I was told that the problem is
in the quality of wiring used in the panel box and the fact that it has
caused many electrical fires in homes. Pretty scary thought when you
think about it.

If you are going to make improvements anyway, I would look into
changing out your electrical panel and any potentially faulty wiring
leading to and leaving your electrical panel.