Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default Waht is the Work area size for in front of Meter Panel (PG&E Green Book)

Here is the one I found from my Local PGE Green book reference:
http://www.pge.com/docs/pdfs/custome...rements/07.pdf

On page 7-9 there is something about if the Meter is mounted above a Cement
pad? what is that all about?

Mine is mounted to the side of the house, though we were going to extend the
cement driveway around the corner of the house to have a work space for the
meter.

Do I fall in to the category for the 42" since its above a cement pad?
seems a bit odd to me. I've already started digging the 36" deep clearance
for the footing.
"BETA-32" wrote in message
I found this in case it helps, but I couldn't find anything in it related
to work area etc.

http://www.pseg.com/customer/business/new_service/pdf/RequirementsElecSvc2005.pdf"Scott
Townsend" wrote in
digy.com... Does anyone
know off the top what the Minimum work area is for in front ofa
residential Meter Panel? Our Panel is about 8 feet from the ground and I
need to build a platformto get it to the 6' to the center of the meter
socket. Though I need to knowhow big to make the platform. Seems like I
heard 30"x36"? Though don'tremember which direction. My Contractor
Friends that do commercial say its42", though I think that is for
Commercial meter mains. Any info would be great. Thank you! Scott-