Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Amateur Drywall Hanging

Harry K wrote:

Take a picture of the bare framing and wiring (all 4 walls and ceiling)
before covering. It is amazing how often since I did my whole house
rehab that I have needed to locate a stud and couldn't remember where
the 16" spacing started or just where the wiring ran.

Right! I always take progress photos and make sure there are pictures
of wiring, mechanical, trenches, etc. before anything gets covered up.
I've had to refer to them numerous times and they are extremely helpful
in showing an inspector that there's really no need to dig things up
and poke holes in walls for their inspection. Just don't assume that
the pictures will satisfy the inspector ahead of time. Inspectors have
notoriously large toes and hate having them stepped on.