Posted to alt.home.repair
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Amateur Drywall Hanging

"Stubby" wrote in message
I have hung drywall, taped, sanded, etc many times in my life. Then one
day I decided to call a contractor in to do my family room. That was the
best money I ever spent. They came in the morning and left at dinner time
with the whole room done, including the skim coat of finish plaster. $600
as I recall. No mess, no breathing plaster dust, no cursing because I
don't own a power mixer, no not knowing some of the tricks like flipping a
wet paint brush at the joint with the ceiling, one and one. Spend some
money and get the job done right.

Be careful of spending money and not getting the job done right. I've hired
contractors and plenty of them have done a ****ty job. It takes me more
time to do it, but with a good book or two I can often do it better.