Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn & Bob Marilyn & Bob is offline

Default Question about bleeding forced hot water pipes

"Donna" wrote in message

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
The bleeders are at the boiler, each zone "should" have one. It may have
a cap covering it, but it looks like a fitting that you attach a garden
hose to

Aha. I'll go check. I couldn't find a thing on any of the upstairs
pipes, so I'll check the boiler.

Follow up question: should I bleed all of my zones on any kind of
schedule, or just when I am having a problem?

Donna

Note that the bleeder valve on the baseboard will either have a slotted
screw head that can be turned by a screwdriver OR it will have a square rod
that requires a special key to turn. You shoulf be able to get this key at
any hardware or plumbing supply store for about 50¢. Just ask for a
radiator valve key.
--
Peace,
BobJ