Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field ian field is offline

Default Which circuits warms up the tv?

"z" wrote in message
ups.com...

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:29:37 -0800, z Has Frothed:

ian field wrote:

One possible cause is high value start up resistors in the PSU
going
very high, this can mean the PSU doesn't start immediately but can
be
got going
by a random mains spike.

Here is another clue, sometimes it will startup when I press the tv
button (which switches between the normal aerial channels and the
sky
digibix scrat connection, seems like your spike theory is gaining
ground...

Its been established in the flow of posts so far that your PSU is
almost
certainly starting normally and the line O/P is very probably doing so
as well, it seems increasingly likely that the auto-greyscale circuit
is
detecting an excessively worn CRT and shutting down the cathode
drives.
On some sets an incorrectly set first anode can also confuse the g/s
circuit.

Why would it be doing that? What possible consumer benefit could be
obtained by greyscale shut down as you describe? Are you seriously
saying
that the people at Panasonic will deliberately install a circuit that
shuts down the tv. I have never heard of such a thing, they could be
sued
for that. Are you really sure about that???

This is starting to smack of a troll.

go away!
you already asserted that you will not help
why r u still here?

COOSN-266-06-25794

You were given sound advice by several different people, its not their fault
its not what you wanted to hear and taking that attitude won't change that!