Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Boiler recommendation fro 5 bedroom house

"PeterK" wrote in message
Have a look at http://www.acv-uk.com/hm35tc.htm Its an expensive (over
£3k) floor standing combi boiler that may address your needs without major
plumbing work. It has a significant inbuilt hot water store so can deliver
400l with a 40deg rise for the first 10 mins. I was very impressed with
their regional sales rep - he'll call round after commissioning to check
the installers work! - a spin off from them being commercial boiler
manufacturers? In the end with no space constraints I've gone down the
heat bank route - With the disruption and commercial plumbing charges I
doubt there is much "cost" difference.
There was some very constructive discussion about the boiler on the group
in 2005 at
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_frm/thread/6bb52bb358c09645/623ba4c24b2ea25e?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2&hl=en#623ba4c24b 2ea25e
starting around post #68 of 293!

Good thread. A shame the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association (affiliated) ruined
it.