Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Water joints buried inside walls.

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 07:10:49 -0800, sm_jamieson wrote:

I have to bury a 1/2" BSP (using washer) and a compression joint inside
a (solid) wall, i.e. basically, no access from behind etc. (BSP
compression elbow behind bar mixer), I've done this before, no
problems, but I just wondered, what could I do to make leaks
"impossible". e.g. thread sealants, bandages etc. Any-one else bother
with this, or do we all just hope its all OK ?

Pressure test it first. If it's to be driven from a shower pump then mains
pressure should do, if it's to run at mains pressure then it should be
tested with a pump which can deliver about half as much again as the mains
is likely to. You may be able to hire one (they're £100 to buy) but if
you don't do at least test at mains with hot water.