Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default B&Q Wind turbines

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:56:03 -0000 someone who may be "HLAH"
wrote this:-

Our local hospital has limited parking space. We often found the car park
nearest the neo-natal unit full and had to park the other side of the
rather
large site, often still having to wait for a place to become free.

This even though the hospital was built on an isolated greenfields site
and
is surrounded by space. During the planning stage the local authority
deliberately forced the consortium to provide less spaces than the
projected
need "to encourage the use of public transport" Unfortunately our county
is
a rural one with a poor public transport network so you can guess the
outcome of that marvellous policy.

The people who should be blamed for this sort of thing are whatever
the NHS is called this week. They are the ones who have decided to
build most new hospitals in the middle of nowhere, usually partly at
the behest of some senior quack who wants somewhere to park his car.

In the hospital I was talking about, it's in the inner city. Houses were
demolished to make the car park I used.

The other major hospital in our city is in the city centre, that's even more
difficult. They built a multi-storey car park for that.

But there ARE buses ...

Mary