Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Instant Hot Water Dispenser No Longer Hot!

"Soapie0" wrote in message
ups.com...
My Insinkerator Hot-1 Instant Hot Water Dispenser now has only cold
water coming out of it. We've had it about three years with no
trouble. Is this the typical lifespan or is this a common problem with
an easy solution or do I have to take it out and get a new one?

Thanks!!

Misty, who wants hot tea in cold weather

As suggested check for a reset button. A few years ago a friend asked me to
check her instant hot water dispenser. It had tripped on overload, but
there was no reset button. It had to be reset by a factory authorized
repair person. I called the factory and they had a kit available to be
installed at no cost to make the unit resetable by the consumer. I don't
recall the brand of her unit.