Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Musty Bathroom Odors

Moonflower wrote:
Hi.. I'm new here, and found your group from a friend's assistance in
navigating the web.

I was wondering if anyone of you could help. I'm a 30-something mom,
recently gone through an annulment. The house is in shams, as there
no longer is a man in the house.

First off, how do you get rid of the musty smell from tiled bathrooms?
Ours is fairly old, and the smell seems to be emanating from
somewhere. I've tried cleaning and scrubbing it to death, but nothing
works.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You are doing half the job. The second half is to ventilate the bath.
That may be as simple as leaving the door open. If you have a window try
opening it (just a crack in cold or hot weather).

There is also a possibility of a mechanical problem. If the above ideas
don't work, have someone inspect it. You may have a leak or hidden mold
damage. Those will only get worse and more expensive to fix.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit