Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field ian field is offline

Default Which circuits warms up the tv?

"z" wrote in message
ups.com...

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 04:00:50 -0800, z Has Frothed:

[snip]

Based on what you have just said, I would have to venture the opinion
that you do not have sufficient experience to be working on dangerous
items such as a TV set with a switch mode power supply, and any
further
encouragement that we might give you to carry on trying to get to the
bottom of your problem, is likely to result in injury. In view of the
fact that you get sound immediately, it is unlikely that the problem
is
one of the psu being slow to start. Please just take it to a reputable
repair shop.

Arfa

The idea of this ng is for hobbists to try to fix, seems to me you are
forgetting the reason for this ng. I am not going to do anything
stupid,
all I want to do is spray a bit of freezer spray to locate this
problem, I
am not even going to touch any connection, so what can go wrong? I will
not take it to a repair shop, if I can't fix it I will simply buy a new
one.

Experienced techs will always tell the hobbyist to stay clear of
potential exposure to lethal voltages. I couldn't tell you in good faith
to go poking around inside equipment with known hazardous voltages
present.

Would you answer this? When your TV finally gets a picture, does it
appear all of a sudden with normal brightness and contrast? Or does it
gradually appear?

It appears normally, and the picture quality is as if I purchased it
new yesterday.

COOSN-266-06-25794

Sounds like maybe the auto-greyscale balancing circuit could be playing up,
alternatively some sets blank the picture if the A1 preset isn't set exactly
just so!