Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default How to murder people with wood?

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 04:31:56 -0600, ()
wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
...snipped...

Regarding the activists that are working towards things that ultimately
result in the weakening of our nation: Are you sure that many of them
are not actually enemies of the state? Are you sure you really want to
hitch up behind people who claim altruistic and patriotic values but
whose goals ultimately end up weakening our nation? I'm all for
protecting the constitution but a lot of them are using it as a weapon
against the establishment and our society in general. The more these
people break down our system, the less secure we become.

I'm confused at this paragraph, it would seem to be equally applicable
to people on _either_ side of this argument.

What is really meant by "weakening our nation"? and "these people
(who) break down our system" Our system of laws and equal protection
under them? Or our system of arbitrary enforcement?

Remember what Orwell's slogan for the government: "Ignorance is
strength, war is peace, and freedom is slavery"

And let us not forget that we are at war with Iraq, and Saddamn
Hussein is the devil incarnate because we have *always* been at war
with Iraq, and that man has *always* been the devil.

Also remember to thank your leaders for lowering the price of gasoline
in honor of the elections. It's like getting an larger chocolate
ration!

Shinola9 (for lack of any other name,) I want you to understand that I
am not attacking you personally. I've spent so much time on this
because if I can help even one person- yourself, or some others who
are merely reading along, understand this argument and begin to
question what has been going on in fits and spurts since the founding
of our country, it will have been worth any amount of time I can spend
on the subject. I am not trying to harm our democracy, I am doing the
only thing I can think of to help preserve it- because I want to live
in it, not just remember it fondly.

I will have you note that above, I am looking only for an
understanding of the total argument, and for you to question the party
line that is being given to us all for yourself. I do not wish for
you to simply agree with me- the truth of the matter is for you to
find.

That's all anyone can ask of you or any one of us- because we are
free. I understand the fear that a lot of people feel when they think
about this- but we cannot let fear rob us of our senses, or we will
forever be at the mercy of whomever can tell the scariest tale. There
will always be someone or something to fight against, and the world
will never be entirely safe for every single person. We will never
live forever, but we can live free and without fear until it's time to
go.